Family Law Litigation Strategies
Sometimes, a family law case cannot be resolved by an agreement between the parties through settlement negotiations or mediation and litigation becomes necessary. In other words, sometimes a case must go to a hearing or trial, for a judge to resolve the parties’ dispute. Whether the dispute involves timesharing, child support, alimony, division of assets and liabilities (called equitable distribution), or other family law issues, the experienced attorneys at Nicole L. Goetz, P.L. are prepared to advocate on your behalf at a hearing or trial.
- Divorce proceedings often involve issues that require the knowledge and experience of an expert in a particular field, such as tax, real estate, or business valuation.
- Your case might necessitate the involvement of other professionals like vocational evaluators, mental health or medical experts, forensic accountants, and investigators.
- Based on our knowledge of the facts and issues of the case, as well as a strong network of experts in various fields, we facilitate a relationship between our client and the expert. While we cannot guarantee the results of any case (which no one can), we will work closely with our client, as well as the retained expert, in order to develop a strategic plan to pursue our client’s goals in the most efficient and effective way possible.
If settlement negotiations and mediation can’t resolve your case then it might go to trial, so it is important to work with a family lawyer who has negotiation and litigation experience.
There are numerous ways in which we prepare a case for litigation. At Nicole L. Goetz, P.L., we will explore the best options and involve you in the preparation of your case in order to obtain the appropriate results. If you would like more information on the ways in which the attorneys and staff at Nicole L. Goetz, P.L. can assist you in your family law matter, please contact us to schedule a confidential consultation at our office in Naples, Florida.
These are some of the areas in which we provide advice:
- Appeals and/or the Correction of Judicial Orders
- Intrastate, Interstate and International Jurisdiction Issues
- Separate Maintenance
- Divorce, including cooperative resolution through negotiation, mediation or the Collaborative Law process
- Parental Responsibility
- Equitable Distribution (property division), including treatment of mixed marital and non-marital assets and of complex assets such as closely-held companies, retirement assets and equity compensation
- Child Support
- Challenge, Defense and Drafting of Agreements (prenuptial, postnuptial, cohabitation, separation, and settlement agreements)
- Settlement and Negotiation Strategies
- Collaborative Law
- Litigation Strategies, including expert selection and retention
- Domestic Torts or other Civil Claims
- Name Change
- Uncontested Divorce
- Limited Appearances or Assistance